Association & Activities
Departmental Association (ARISTA)
As a part of our duty and social commitment, we the upcoming safety aspirants wanted to bring a change in their perspective and system around us. We become aware that our goal only be achieve by a combined effort of all the students in the department. That was the beginning of ‘ARISTA’ which in Greek means ‘Being Safe’. Safety and Fire engineering is a multidisciplinary department which has a significant role in all fields like mechanical, civil and construction, electrical and electronics, petrochemical and petroleum industries.The association also organizes guest talks, training sessions for faculty and students of TIST and also in association with Fire and Rescue department perform mock drills.
Departmental Association activities of the year 2016-2017
- Best project award was given to 2012 admission students
- Inauguration of departmental association for the academic year was carried out on 1st September 2016 and was inaugurated by Mr. P. Pramod, Director, Directorate of Factories & Boilers.
- Technical Talk on “Safety in Industry & Beyond” by Mr. Ramesh V M Manager BPCL Kochi on 26th July 2016
- A demo session was conducted for faculty on use of fire extinguishers under emergency situations on 19th December 2016
- Road safety programme was conducted together by Safety Dept, Yi, NSS Civil dept, IEDC on 3rd February 2017
- Safety day celebrated by flag hoisting and taking safety oath on our campus on 4th March 2017
- As a part of activities towards social commitment the following were organized:Cancer Ward Visit at EKM General Hospital and contribute Rs. 22055 and clothes for the inmates by 3rd year students on 14th July 2016
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Remembrance Day 6 August 2016
- Two Convex Mirrors was installed in the Nadakkavu Highway as part of road safety awareness
Departmental Association activities of the year 2015-2016
- Association Inauguration was carried out on 4th August 2015 and was inaugurated by Dr. K Muthukumar, DGM, Safety BHEL Trichy. He delivered a talk on Occupational, Health & Safety.
- Safety Exhibition was organized on the same day in association with Kerala Fire and Rescue Department and Cochin Firetech.
- 16 students from the Department have been enrolled in Civil Defense Operation Wing of Kerala Fire & Rescue Department. They have successfully completed training to serve as auxiliaries during emergencies under guidance of Piravom Fire Station.
- One day workshop on First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary resuscitation was organized on 6th January 2016 and classes are delivered by Dr.B.Jayakumar, Retd. Chief Medical Officer, Cochin Shipyard.
Departmental Association activities of the year 2014-2015
- Association Inauguration was held on 25th July 2014, a technical talk regarding “Modern safety measures in Industries” was delivered by Mr.Saleen A, Manager, Fire & Safety, Cochin Shipyard.
- Fire Training was conducted by Fire Brigade Piravom on 15th Oct 2014 along with Fire Engine & Complete equipments.
- Safety Day celebrations was inaugurated by Dr. Abraham Varghese, Chief Medical Officer, Binani Zinc Ltd. on 4th March 2015.
- As a part of Road safety awareness programme our students conducted a Bike Rally.