J C Bose Centre for Research & Advanced Studies
In our rapidly transforming world, study of engineering plays a central role in advancing basic science, creating tools and newer technologies for economic development and meeting societal challenges in areas from energy to environment to human health. Engineering education is one among the key enablers of growth for transforming the economy of our country. The quality of teaching and research in this sphere will play a crucial role in the emergence of our nation as a global knowledge leader.
Toc H Institute of Science and Technology is one of the top ranking Engineering colleges in Kerala with an excellent track record of producing high percentage of results, consistent university ranks and excellent placement rates with a student strength of about 2500 in B.Tech, M. Tech & MBA programmes. Our undisputed 14 years of legacy and excellent infrastructure and academic pedagogical exercise make us top rated engineering college in the state. With an unblemished reputation of academic excellence with distinctive administrative efficiency, the institute is emerging as a leader steering it to make it one of international repute. Moving towards global standards in education and research with national and international collaboration, the institute established the “Department of Research and Development” in the year 2006. Realizing the need for a much greater emphasis on research, the department was soon converted into “J.C. Bose Centre for Research and Advanced Studies (Bose Centre)”.
The foundation stone for this centre was laid by the former President of India Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam on 23rd July 2009.
- Develop scientific research infrastructure along with sustaining the creative abilities of Faculty and students and generating an appropriate climate leading to intellectual innovation
- Undertake coordinated, multidisciplinary research aimed at more effective global and societal responses towards frontier issues in science & technology
- Design fundamental and applied research to develop novel products and solutions to existing problems and to promote patenting
- Upgrade the quality of education and resulting output
- Support and develop distinctive competencies of Faculty and students to build a new generation of researchers.
- Promote entrepreneurship initiatives of students.
- Encourage patenting activities.
At present the Centre is housed in different laboratories measuring a total of 6000 sq. ft. The Centre had a very humble beginning with a few in-house projects like production of biodiesel and recycling of expanded polystyrene. In a short span of 5 years, it has attracted external funding from reputed agencies in India. The Centre is now working on projects worth 2 crores funded by agencies like DRDO, DAE-BRNS, DST etc. and in-house projects worth 1.5 crores. The Centre has also purchased equipment worth 2 crores in these research schemes. A detailed list of projects and equipment that are currently available and projects that are awaiting approval are appended.