J C Bose Centre for Research & Advanced Studies
In our rapidly transforming world, study of engineering plays a central role in advancing basic science, creating tools and newer technologies for economic development and meeting societal challenges in areas from energy to environment to human health. Engineering education is one among the key enablers of growth for transforming the economy of our country. The quality of teaching and research in this sphere will play a crucial role in the emergence of our nation as a knowledge leader, globally.
Toc H Institute of Science and Technology is one of the top ranking Engineering colleges in Kerala with an excellent track record of producing high percentage of results, consistent university ranks and excellent placement rates with a student strength of about 2000 in B. Tech, M. Tech & MBA programs. Our undisputed 16 years of legacy and excellent infrastructure and academic pedagogical exercise make us a top rated engineering college in the state. With an unblemished reputation for academic excellence with distinctive administrative efficiency, the Institute is emerging as a leader of international repute. Moving towards global standards in education and research with national and international collaboration, the Institute established the Department of Research and Development in the year 2006. Realizing the need for a much greater emphasis on research, the department was soon converted into J.C. Bose Centre for Research and Advanced Studies (Bose Centre).
The foundation stone for this centre was laid by the former President of India, Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, on 23rd July 2009.
- Develop scientific research infrastructure along with sustaining the creative abilities of faculty and students and generating an appropriate climate leading to intellectual innovation
- Undertake co-ordinated, multidisciplinary research aimed at more effective global and societal responses towards frontier issues in science & technology
- Design fundamental and applied research to develop novel products and solutions to existing problems
- Upgrade the quality of education and resulting output
- Support and develop distinctive competencies of faculty and students to build a new generation of researchers
- Promote entrepreneurship initiatives of students
- Encourage patenting activities
Thrust areas of Research
At present the Centre is housed in different laboratories measuring a total of 6000 sq. ft. The Centre had a very humble beginning with a few in-house projects like production of biodiesel and recycling of expanded polystyrene. In a short span of 5 years, it attracted external funding from reputed agencies in India. Projects work 2 crores funded by DRDO, DAE-BRNS, DST etc. & in-house projects worth 1.5 cores were undertaken and successfully completed. The Centre has also purchased equipments worth 2 crores for these research schemes.