ICI (Indian Concrete Institute)
The Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) was jointly organized by the Structural Engineering Research Centre and Anna University on January 1982. The Institute has now more than 10000 members amongst 30 centers all over the country. ICI encourages active participation of students and has 51 students’ chapters with over 2000 members.
The Institute was registered as a society on 7th September 1982, and has been rendering great service to the industry and the professionals with the following ideals and objectives:
- To promote concrete constructions and its sub specializations.
- To disseminate information and arrange to train personnel for the needs of changing concepts in the technology.
- To collaborate with national and international agencies in creating better understanding of concrete construction technology.
- To identify and distribute awards for the outstanding achievements in concrete construction technology.
- To arrange periodical seminars and exhibitions on the subject.
- To arrange annual lecture series on selected topics of relevance to concrete construction.
ICI Kochi Centre was initiated on 25th February 2010 with the goal of bringing innovative ideas in the field of concrete construction and related fields in Kerala. ICI Kochi Centre has been named as the “Best Emerging Centre” by the Institution. The ICI student chapter at TIST was inaugurated on 8th July 2011. The student chapter at TIST participates in several activities hosted by ICI Kochi chapter which includes Seminars, Technical Lectures, Poster Presentations, Cube testing competitions, Mix design competitions etc.