IEDC (Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centres)
With an aim to impart technical skills and instill innovative mind in budding engineers and nurture them as future entrepreneurs TIST- IEDC has been set up in 2011. In its early stage an electronic unit and a garment manufacturing units have been commissioned inside the campus in order to give necessary exposure and inspiration to the entrepreneurial initiatives.
TIST has entered MOU with Startup village on 24th March 2015, to organize various startup village initiatives aimed at encouraging a spirit of innovation, entrepreneurship and a sense of social responsibility among the students of TIST. As per the MOU, startup village Boot camp has commenced its operation in the campus with students as its office bearers, which would function as a mini incubator to cater the incubation needs of TIST students.
TIST IEDC in association with Kerala Start up Mission (KSUM) regularly conducts various workshops like raspberry pi, Android, Arduino, python, Fab lab, 3d printing etc every semester in order to promote latest trends in technology. Necessary exposure, technical and moral support is provided to the students to convert their idea into a product.
Innovations and Entrepreneurship Development Cell is designed to:-
- Create a startup ecosystem by providing value added trainings
- Identify students with innovative ideas and create a platform for them to work with.
- Enhance students entrepreneurial skills
- Make them aware about modern tools, software and designs
- Acquire knowledge about current technological developments in industries.
- Impart professional technical mentoring by experts of various domains
- Channelize idea to product by mentoring, prototyping, and networking
Activities on 2017 – 2018
SV.CO Chief operating officer Mr. Gautham addressing TIST students. TIST Alumni Abraham Solomon and Team also addressed the gathering.