IEDC (Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre)
TIST- IEDC was set up in 2011, with an aim to impart technical skills and instill innovative thinking in budding engineers and nurture them into future entrepreneurs. In its early stage , an electronic unit and a garment manufacturing unit were commissioned inside the campus in order to give necessary exposure and inspiration to the entrepreneurial initiatives.
TIST entered into an MOU with the Startup village on 24th March 2015, to organize various startup village initiatives aimed at encouraging a spirit of innovation, entrepreneurship and a sense of social responsibility among the students. As per the MOU, the startup village Boot camp commenced its operation in the campus with students as its office bearers, which functioned as a mini incubator to cater to the incubation needs of the students.
TIST IEDC in association with Kerala Start up Mission (KSUM) regularly conducts various workshops like Raspberry Pi, Android, Arduino, Python, Fab lab, 3d Printing etc. every semester in order to promote latest trends in Technology. Necessary exposure, technical and moral support are provided to the students to convert their ideas into products.
Objectives of IEDC
- Create a startup ecosystem by providing value added trainings
- Identify students with innovative ideas and create a platform for them to work with
- Enhance the students’ entrepreneurial skills
- Make them aware about modern tools, software and designs
- Acquire knowledge about current technological developments in industries
- Impart professional technical mentoring by experts of various domains
- Channelize idea to product by mentoring, prototyping, and networking
Activities on 2018 – 2019
Two days IEDC-ICTAK “Foundation skills on Entrepreneurship” workshop
Activities on 2017 – 2018
SV.CO Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Gautham addressed the students of TIST, followed by an address by Mr. Abraham Solomon and Team (TIST Alumni).