NSS (National Service Scheme)
The NSS activities at TIST are of great importance to improve the students’ mental attitude. These activities help in realizing their true potential, to develop their talents, mould them into Engineers with good ethics and leadership quality.
NSS activities 2016-17 :
- Educational Aid To Social Justice Forum : A financial aid of Rs.5000/- was provided to Social Justice Forum, Piravom Chapter for supporting the education of the underprivileged students.
- Financial aid to Mr. Ratheeshan : A financial aid was provided to Late Ratheeshan, Driver, TIST for kidney transplantation and medical expenses. A sum of Rs. 85000/- was collected and handed over to his family.
- Planting Trees in the Campus : NSS TIST planted 50 trees, to commemorate the first death anniversary of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Support for Master John Paul : A financial support of Rs. 10,000/- was provided to 3 year old Master John Paul who is deaf and dumb.
- Book Bucket Challenge : The Book Bucket Challenge, an initiative to set up a library within the campus, was successfully organised by TIST NSS. NSS volunteers collected more than 1000 books within 3 days.
- Vegetable Seed Distribution: 500 Vegetable Seed Packets were distributed in the TIST campus by the NSS Volunteers.
- Flag Hoisting : A practical session on ‘Grow bag cultivation’ was conducted after the Flag hoisting on Republic day . Asst. Prof Life John, NSS Program Officer, NSS volunteers and Teachers actively participated in the same.
- Grow bag cultivation in the Hostels : To instill the importance of Organic Cultivation, Green Chilli and Gourd cultivation were done in the hostels of the boys and the girls. NSS volunteers and other students prepared several grow bags in each hostel.
- Visit to the Old age home at Mamala Kavala : NSS TIST strongly believes that the progress of the society is dependent on the importance we provide to the less privileged. They conducted fun games, distributed fruits and goodies and interacted with them.
- Road Safety Survey : TIST NSS initiated a one day Survey on Road Safety, in collaboration with the Mulanthuruthy Police Station. The aim was to provide technical awareness to our students regarding the main accident prone areas, road conditions, road designs, safety aspects and to invite suggestions. To identify such potential problem areas a road safety survey was conducted under the guidance of Mr. Upendranarayan, CEO, IIRS., in the Mulanthuruthy Police station limits.
- Lahari Vimukta Keralam : A Session throwing light on the importance of Drug abuse and its impacts was conducted in association with the Excise Department, Kerala. Mr. Sunil Thomas Sub Inspector of police inaugurated the program and Mr. Job of Excise Department handled the session.
- Self Defense for Women : In the current social scenario, empowering women to defend themselves against atrocities is vital. To address the same, a session on self defense for women was conducted in association with the Mulanthuruthy Police Station