NSS (National Service Scheme)
NSS activities are of great importance to improve the student’s mental attitude. These activities help in realizing their true potential and to develop their talents. To mold them into Engineers with good ethics and leadership quality, TIST NSS is conducting various activities.
NSS activities 2016-17 :
- Educational Aid To Social Justice Forum : A financial aid of Rs.5000/- was provided to Social Justice Forum, Piravom Chapter for supporting the education of underprivileged students.
- Financial aid to Mr. Ratheeshan : A financial aid was provided to Late Ratheeshan, Driver, TIST for kidney transplantation and medical expenses. A sum of Rs. 85000/- was collected and handed over to his family.
- Planting Trees in the Campus : NSS TIST planted 50 trees in the loving memory of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on his first death anniversary.
- Support for Master John Paul : A financial support of Rs. 10,000/- was provided to 3 year old Master John Paul who is deaf and dumb.
- Book Bucket Challenge : The Book Bucket Challenge, an initiative to setup a literature library within the campus was successfully organised by TIST NSS. NSS volunteers collected more than 1000 books within 3 days.
- Vegetable Seed Distribution: 500 Vegetable Seed Packets were distributed in the TIST campus by the NSS Volunteers.
- Flag Hoisting : Flag hoisting was done on Republic day, (26/01/2017) by Asst. Prof Life John, NSS Program Officer and a practical session on ‘Grow bag cultivation’ was also conducted. NSS volunteers and Teachers actively participated in the same.
- Grow bag cultivation in hostel : To instill the importance of Organic Cultivation, Green Chilli and Gourd cultivation was done in boys and girls hostel. NSS volunteers and other students prepared 10 grow bags in each hostel.
- Visit to Old age home at Mamala Kavala : NSS TIST strongly believes that the progress of the society is strongly dependant on the importance we provide to the less privileged.
- NSS volunteers and students visited an Old age home in Mamala Kavala. They conducted fun games and had interaction sessions with them.
- Road Safety Survey : With an aim to provide technical knowhow to our students regarding the main accident prone areas, Road conditions, road designs, safety aspects etc and inviting suggestions to rectify it TIST NSS had initiated a one day Survey on Road safety partnering with Mulanthuruthy Police Station. To identify such potential problems, A Road Safety Survey was conducted under the guidance of Mr. Upendranarayan, CEO, IIRS. The survey was conducted in the Mulanthuruthy Police station limits.
- Road Safety Seminar: Issues and Solutions : To highlight the importance and create awareness on traffic rules, a Session on Road Safety: Issues and Solutions was conducted by Mr. Upendranarayanan, CEO, IIRS to create awareness on the importance of Road Safety.
- Lahari Vimukta Keralam : A Session throwing light on the importance of Drug abuse and its impacts was conducted in association with Excise Department, Kerala. Mr. Sunil Thomas Sub Inspector Of police inaugurated the programme and Mr. Job, Excise Department handled the session.
- Self Defense for Women : In the current social scenario, empowering women to defend against atrocities against them is vital. To address the same, a session on self defense for women was conducted in association with Mulanthuruthy Police Station