TIST is a recognized REDHAT Academy partner through IPSR. 7 of our students of 2015&2016 Batch underwent training and obtained various REDHAT certifications utilizing the benefit of the MOU. RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) mainly deals with Industrial Training on Linux System Administration and Cloud computing.
Manju Mohan of 2014-2018 batch has been awarded the “Best Outgoing Student Award 2018” in Dept of CSE, TIST for her academic excellence, co-curricular achievements, good conduct and creative contribution.
One of our final year student project titled “Co-operative vehicle platooning using machine learning and computer vision” was selected under Research Seed Money Scheme and Student Project Scheme for funding by APJKTU. A fund of Rs 20000 was sanctioned for the same.
Harikrishnan Vijayan, Roshan Josey, Sankar P G, Sreehari N P – 2015 BATCH
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR- Dr. Sreela Sreedhar
CO-INVESTIGATOR – Asst.Prof Abin Philip
The Department of CSE was selected as the Best Department of TIST for the Academic year 2017-2018
Mr.Abin Oommen Philip, Asst. Professor, was honored with the “Best Faculty Award” of CSE-TIST for 2017-’18.
Asst.Prof Mithu Mary George received the best project guide award from TIST for the year 2018, for guiding the project “EMG Controlled Prosthetic Arm”.
2017 – 2018
- Manju Mohan (2014-’17 batch) got selected as Team Lead for Cyber Security in the IEEE Computer Science ‘Technergize’ initiative. She along with a team of 5 members working under her leadership attended the IEEE Computer Society India Symposium 2018 as Project Team Lead on 16th-18thMarch 2018 at Sambodhi Retreat Resort, Bodh Gaya.
- Manju Mohan (2014-’17 batch) served as a Student Ambassador for IMAD (Introduction to Modern Application Development)from June to July, 2017. IMAD is an online course conducted by IIT Madras and Hasura in partnership with NPTEL (National Program for Technology Enhanced Learning).
- MareenaIttan, Ms.AyshaZenabKenza, Ms. Lakshmi Mohan, and Mr.Deepu T G (2014-’18 batch) participated in the Advanced Robotics Challenge competition at the World Robot Olympiad India (WRO India), one of the largest Robotics competition in India. Advanced Robotics Challenge is an engineering challenge to make a robot that can score as many points as possible in a robot version of the Tetris® game called Tetra stack. The robot will locate, identify, and stack interlocking colored shapes called tetracubes within the Stacking Form – a rectangular upright box.
- MareenaIttan and Ms. Ayesha ZenabKenza (2014-’18 batch) won first prize for paper presentation at Innowar 2k18, a National level Technical Symposium held at SVS College of Engineering, Coimbatore for their paper titled “EMG controlled Prosthetic Limb” on 9th March 2018.
- Thara Jose (2016-’20) wonfirst in the Campus Career Queen by Disha 2018 organized by Prayana in March 2018.
- RaichelSuseel(2015-’19)was the runner up in CampusCareerQueen by Disha 2018 organised by Prayana in March 2018.
- Merin Anna Joy and Taniya Joseph(2016-’20) secured second position in Treasure Hunt at Tarangam ’18 held at AISAT, Kalamasseryduring 2nd -3rd February 2018
- Albin Xavier and Alvin Mohan(2016-’20) secured first position in Logoslayer held as a part of IEEE Day celebration at TIST on 4th October 2017
- Merin Anna Joy(2016-’20) secured first prize in CodeFossas a part of IEEE Day celebration at TIST on 4th October 2017
- YadevJayachandran (2016-’20) secured second prize in Quizcompetition conducted as part of National Technology Day at TIST on 12th May 2017.
- Thomas Biju (2014-’18) secured online certification on ‘Internet Connection: How to get Online?’ from Coursera, in partnership with CISCO in December 2017.
- Thomas Biju (2014-’18) secured NPTEL online certification on ‘Cloud Computing’ in August 2017.
- Thomas Biju (2014-’18) secured NPTEL online certification on ‘Introduction IOT’ in August 2017.
- The department of CSE secured overall championship in ‘MUDRA 2018’, the arts fest conducted at TIST.
- MereenaIttan(2014-’18) secured second place for Basketball in the CUSAT University Meet, January 2018
- MereenaIttan(2014-’18) secured second prize for high jump in the CUSAT University Meet, January 2018
- Siddharth Prajosh of 2014-’18 batch bagged the “Highest Committed Student Branch Activist Award” from CSI.
- Prof.Elsaba Jacob, TIST CSI SBC, has won the ‘Longest Continuous SBC Award’in 2014, in 2016 and in 2017 for her significant contributions to the SB activities.
- Asst. Prof. Elsaba Jacob, TIST CSI SBC, has won the ‘Longest Continuous SBC Award’ in 2014, in 2016 and in 2017 for her significant contributions to the SB activities.
- Dr.Rasmi P. S, Asso. Prof., CSE was selected as an ‘Outstanding Woman in Engineering’ for her initiatives and developments in the field of Computer Science and Engineering as a part of Venus International Women Awards-VIWA 2018
- Yadev Jayachandran(2016-’20 batch) and Siddharth Prajosh C(2014-’18 batch) from Computer Science and Engineering Department of Toc H Institute of Science and Technology, Arakkunnam made their way to the top 30’s of Makermela organized by riidl and SomaiyaVidyavihar, Mumbai on 11-13th of February 2018, with their amazing product for long distance travellers- “SleepX – the travellers pillow”.
- Yadev Jayachandran(2016-’20 batch) took part in the DSC(Developer Student Clubs) summit from 22ndto 25th February, in Goa. He was one among the 174 Student Leads representing 170 colleges and 90+ cities in India.
- Asso. Prof. Jesna Anver received the “BEST IKO – 2016” – Institutional Knowledge Officer Award from ICT Academy of Kerala during the ICTAK Annual Summit held at Trivandrum on 19th Jan, 2016. The award was handed over to her by the Honorable Vice Chancellor of Kerala Technological University, Dr. Kuncheria P Issac.
- Arathi P Menon, Ria Elizabeth Joe and Thara Jose of S1 CSE (2016-’20 batch) won the “Best Concept Award” for the paper titled ‘Micro Hydel Project at Dam Toe’, in the National Level Paper Presentation Contest ‘MAKE IN INDIA’, led by Project Council and the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, held at Sathyabama University, Chennai.
- Abraham Solomon, Neeraj Naveen, Devender Gupta and Mohammed Shafeeque O M (2013-’17 batch) were selected for the final round of ‘SV.CO’, Start up Village to Silicon Valley initiative. The team presented their idea at the ALPHA LAUNCH event organized at Fresh Desk, Chennai and got selected for the Silicon Valley experience.
- Nassem Mohammed Ali and Aravind M (2014-‘18 batch) won the first prize in “Double Dare”, coding and debugging competition held on 23rd January 2017 in BLITZKRIEG 2K17 held at Sacred Heart College, Thevara.
- Mohammed Asif (2015-‘19 batch) won first prize in “Dead Man’s Chest” competition held as part of Bharatham 2K17 at FISAT Anagmaly on 17th February 2017.
- Harikrishnan V and Sankar P G (of 2015-‘19 batch) won the third prize in Debugging contest held at DHISHNA 2017, School of Engineering, CUSAT on 4th February 2017.
- Tech CSD Students organized an awareness talk session on women’s safety ‘NIRBHAYA’, on behalf of the Women’s Cell on 8th March 2017 at TIST.
- Kiran P (of 2013-’17 batch) was a member of the College Cricket Team which won first place in the MBC Cricket Tournament conducted at Mar Baselious Christian College of Engineering, Kuttikanam.
- Mahima Mary Mathews of M.Tech Data Security (2014-’16 batch) assisted Alappuzha District Police in developing their website.
- V Mohammed Ibrahim (2013-’17 batch) along with other three TISTians won the first prize in the regional round of ICTAK Techathlon competition 2015-‘16 conducted on 16th January 2016 at Adi Shankara Institute of Science and Technology. They secured second prize with a cash award of Rs. 50,000, sponsored by Kerala Startup Mission, at the state level round held at Technopark, Trivandrum on 28th January 2016.
- Jaijo John (2012-’16 batch), Siddharth Prajosh C (2014-’18 batch), Sreehari N P and Winu Kavanal (2015-’19 batch) won the first prize in ‘Mock Marketing Pitch’ conducted as a part of Technopreneur 2016, a techno managerial symposium organized by IEDC and Kerala Start up Mission at Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi on 5th and 6th March 2016.
- V Mohammed Ibrahim, Ashish Alex and Vishnu Prakash (2013-’17 batch) were recognised as ‘STAR Interns’ at DIY Hacking for their experiments in developing an ‘Arduino Obstacle Avoiding Robot’. Their tutorial got listed in DIY Hacking website as the ‘The Best Tutorial to Build your First Arduino Robot’.
- V Mohammed Ibrahim, Ashish Alex and Vishnu Prakash (2013-’17 batch) conducted a workshop on ‘Open Hybrid’ at the Nation-wide Maker Movement event, Maker Mela, an initiative of Somaiya Vidyavihar on 11th October 2015. They were one of the top 50 workshop exhibitors across India.
- Siddharth Prajosh C, Saurav Mohan V, Sony Sebastian, Thomas Biju and Manju Mohan (2014-’18 batch) secured second position in the zonal round of RoboTryst 2016 competition organized by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. on 5th & 6thOctober 2015 at TIST. They represented TIST in the Grand Finale at IIT Delhi.
- R Adithya Naik, Vishnu Shenoy, Jerin A Mathews and Rejsal T Basheer (2012-’16 batch) secured first prize for 4×120 coding competition in ‘Excel’ held at Model Engineering College, Thrikakkara on 17th September 2015.
- Siddharth Prajosh C and Saurav V Mohan (2014-’18 batch) won the third prize for Open Source Olympiad (quiz+coding) conducted as a part of TechFOSS 2K16 at TIST on 11th February 2016.
- Siddharth Prajosh C (2014-’18 batch) secured the first prize in the ‘Techcon’ competition of ‘FuGeniz 6’ at SNGCE, Kadayiruppu on 18th and 19th February 2016.
- Muhammed Ashique Kuthini (2015-’19 batch) secured the second prize in web designing contest conducted as a part of ADVAY 2016 at TIST on 23rd & 24th of February.
- Muhammed Ashique Kuthini (2015-’19 batch) got selected as the student representative from Toc H to KSUM (Kerala Startup Mission).
- Jerin A Mathews (2012-’16 batch) and Alex Paul (2014-’18 batch) were the members of TIST Basketball Team which won the first position in the CUSAT Basketball Tournament in January 2016.
- Shoukath Ali M and Zahid Hussain K P (2012-’16 batch) were the members of the college Football Team which won the second position in the CUSAT Football Tournament in January 2016.
- Meenakshi Suresh (2012-’16 batch) secured the second prize in ‘Voice of ADVAY’ competition in ADVAY 2016 held at TIST on 23rdand 24th February 2016.
Amal Santhosh (2013-’17 batch) secured the first prize in Dance competitions at College of Engineering, Kidangoor, Christ Knowledge City, Bharatha Matha College Thrikkakkara and MACFAST, Thiruvalla in January-February 2016. He is a member of the college dance team which secured the first prize for Dance Competitions in various college cultural festivals across Kerala.
Student Achievements 2014-‘15
YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD FROM KERALA STATE GOVERNMENT:
Jibin Jose of 2010-’14 Batch won the Young Entrepreneur Award from Kerala State Government in 2014. He has won many other achievements like CSI Highest Committed Student Branch Activist Award 2012-’13 at the national level, ISTE Best Student Member Award 2012-’13, Startup Village to Silicon Valley initiative Winner 2013 (visited Silicon Valley and interacted with top leaders of the industry), Rajeev Motwani Foundation Fellowship etc. His start up ‘Flip Technologies’ awarded as one among the Top 5 student startups.
CSI NATIONAL AWARD FOR HIGHEST COMMITTED STUDENT ACTIVIST:
Anoop K Nayak of 2010-’14 batch bagged the “Highest Committed Student Branch Activist Award” from CSI, the only student from Kerala chosen for the honor.
UNIVERSITY ROVER CHALLENGE (URC) – MARS ROVER MISSION AND CANSAT COMPETITION:
Jibin Jose and Anoop K Nayak of 2010-’14 batch along with three TISTians (Team ‘Chronos’) competed in the University Rover Challenge (URC) in USA for designing a rover for Mars mission. They also competed with students from across the world in the prestigious international aeronautical contest — CanSat — in the US.
BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION CERTIFICATION
Akash S, Anoop K Nayak, Bijin Abraham Idicula, Jibin Jose and Libin P Babu (2010-’14 Batch) have successfully completed a certification course in “Breakthrough Innovation” which was an FICE – University of California, Berkeley initiative.
CYBER CELL WEBSITE:
Sangeetha N Kumar, Syam Mohan and Lissy P K of M.Tech (Data Security) 2013-’15 batch, developed a website for Cyber Cell as part of their internship program under the guidance of Mr. P P Jayakumar, an expert Senior Civil Police Officer of Cyber Cell, Alappuzha.
Nithin Syriac and Abraham Solomon (2013’-17 batch) won the second prize for TELETRIX in Abhiyantriki 2K14, a national level tech fest at RSET, Kochi on 19th & 20th September 2014.
R Aditya Naik and Vishnu Shenoy (2012-‘16 batch) bagged the first prize for C Debugging in NAKSHATRA 2015, a national level techno-cultural fest at Saintgits, Kottayam on 22nd January 2015.
Jithu Thampi, Joyal Jose and Samuel T Thomas (2011-‘15 batch) won the first prize for Mobile App Contest in Tech FOSS conducted on 26th & 27th February at TIST.
Abraham Alexander, Anuj K Sajan and Bibin Thomas (2011-‘15 batch) won the second prize for Open Source Hardware Project Competition in Tech FOSS conducted on 26th and 27th February at TIST.
ARTS & SPORTS:
Meera Kuriakose (2011-‘15 batch) secured the third prize in 200m race held at the CUSAT Athletic Meet in January 2015.
Mithun Sathyan (2011-‘15 batch) and Mr. Shoukath Ali (2012-‘16 batch) were the members of the College Football Team which won the CUSAT Football Tournament.
Ann Shirley Varghese, Lekshmi L Reghu (2011-‘15 batch) and Amal Santhosh (2013-‘17 batch) secured the first prize for Dance Competition in various College Cultural Fests all over Kerala.