Civil Engineering Department strives to attain excellence in the field of academics, research and development and consultancy. In this pursuit for excellence, the department welcomes suggestions and advices from experts for which, Department Academic Advisory Committee is formed. This committee comprises of experienced and erudite personalities from the industry and academia, representatives of Management, Principal, Dean, HOD’s from other departments, parents, alumni, teaching and non teaching staff from the department and also student representatives. Department academic advisory committee meetings are held atleast once in two years. In this meeting the gaps in the curriculum, teaching-learning process, curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities followed in the department are discussed. The suggestions from various members of the committee are reviewed and if required implemented or communicated as per the requirement. In addition, we get to know the latest technologies or research areas from the deliberations which will benefit the staff and students in the department.
Advisory Committee 2017-18
In the academic year 2017 – 2018, the department academic advisory committee meeting was arranged by the department on September 15th 2017. Prof (Dr) P. J Joseph, President, Toc H Public School society, chaired the session. Er. Jose Thomas P, General Manager & EA to MD, CIAL co chaired the session.
- Jose Thomas P, General Manager & EA to MD, CIAL
- Shaji Madhavan, Vice President, Mulanthuruthy Block Panchayath
- K.G Rajeev, Extension Officer, Mulanthuruthy Block Panchayath
- C.P George, Parent Representative (F/O Rhea Maria George S7 CE)
- Sasikumar S.S, Parent Representative (F/O Athul S and Akhil S S3 CE)
- Manu V, Alumni (B. Tech 2006 Admission)
- Vandana Lal, Alumni (B. Tech 2012 Admission)
Advisory Committee 2015-16
In the academic year 2015 – 2016, the department academic advisory committee meeting was arranged by the department on January 18th 2016. Dr. P.K. Aravindan, Principal consultant, Sree Giri Consultants, Former professor at IIT Madras chaired the session.
- P.K. Aravindan, Principal consultant, Sree Giri Consultants, Former professor at IIT Madras.
- P. Vijaya Devi, Assistant Executive Engineer, Pollution Control Board