Association & Activities
The EEE association BLITZ had its inception in the year 2005. The department association activities enable the students to develop their organizational capabilities and team work apart from the various technical talks and workshops. The students are actively involved in all the various areas, starting from designing the brochure, organizing the competitions to planning the valedictory function.
Departmental Association (BLITZ) activities of the year 2017 – 2018
- A two-day FDP was conducted on 20th and 21st January 2017.
- FDP on “New Trends in Power System”, by N.N. Shaji, Chief Engineer, Transmission System Operation, LDC Kalamassery on 20th January 2017.
- The talk covered topics like Power sector set-up in India, Open Access IEGC, Scheduling, Real-time operation of Kerala Power System, Power Market, Load forecasting for next 10 years, transmission projects of Kerala, Kerala Power System 2025.
- Industrial Visit to KEL, Mamala by 12 EEE faculties and M.Tech students on 21st January 2017. The visit gave an insight into construction and manufacturing of transformers.
- Talk on Application of Solar power for commercial, ON Grid and OFF grid applications. by Dr. Chem Nayar, Emeritus Professor, Curtin University, Australia on March 8th,2017 for B.Tech S8 & M.Tech students.
Departmental Association (BLITZ) activities of the year 2016-2017
- The activities of EEE Association, BLITZ for the year 2016 were inaugurated on September 7th, 2016 by Sri. K. Kunjali, Head-Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Wing, Cochin Port Trust.
- A technical talk on “Future of Emerging Electrical Engineers” was delivered by the Chief Guest, followed by the Logo Launch of the National Level Techfest of the department, Aurora 2016.
- The National Level Techfest of the EEE department, Aurora 2016 was conducted on September 23-24, 2016.
- It was a two-day event, inaugurated by Dr. T.S. Gopi, Former Director, CIAL Academy, Nedumbassery, and delivered a technical talk on the topic “Industry Oriented Engineers”.
- An exhibition was organized on the first day of the event based on the theme “Evolution of Electricity” as a part of Aroroa2016.
- On the second day, a series of competitions were held, titled:
- ELEXPO – an electrical exhibition competition based on the theme “Ease of Life with electricity”. Reuben Seinford Santhosh Nair, S3, EEE secured the first prize.
- POSTER DESIGNING – a competition where Posters were to be designed on the topic “World without Electricity”. First Prize was bagged by Anju John & Amrutha K.M., S7, CE.
- ROBO RUSH – a war of wheels – First prize was bagged by Vishnu V. and team, S7, ECE.
- WORD RUSH – a fun-filled word game based on Electrical terms. First prize bagged by Christeena Sebastian & Ambily R, S5, EEE.
- TREASURE HUNT – A total of 54 teams participated. First prize was bagged by Naveed Abdulla & team, S3, SFE.