About the Department
Information Technology is a blend of Computer Science, Communication Engineering and Information Science and Management. Modern economic growth has been ignited by a rapid and persistent upgrading of technology and scientific knowledge, how which has made IT a desirable factor of business survival and growth. The department of Information Technology at TIST was established in the year 2002, with the objective to achieve academic excellence in Information Security and Management through innovation in teaching and faith in human values and to enable our students to develop into outstanding professionals by providing an environment conductive to innovation, creativity, team spirit and entrepreneurial leadership. The Department has experienced and dedicated faculty members specialized in areas of Data security, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Data mining etc.
The Department has full-fledged and well equipped laboratories with high performance computers inter-connected with high speed intranet having 49Mbps Internet connectivity. Computer labs are functioning with solar energy. To enhance learning process students are given three minor projects (RDBMS, Multimedia and Web based) and a multidisciplinary major project during the entire eight semesters of B.Tech IT programme. To provide functions which support the departments vision and mission to build it as a center of excellence and upgrade with latest technologies for the students, the department has an academic Advisory Committee comprising of external academic and industry experts.
Our Department maintains MoU signed with VSB Technical university of Ostrawa, Czech Republic, for Academic and Research Collaboration and also with ICTAK for familiarizing the latest technology trends right from the industry experts, facilitating ideal placements .Knowledge and skills of staff are regularly updated through well planned and executed FDPs. Workshops are conducted by subject experts to provide exposure to members of teaching faculty on newly introduced subjects whenever the syllabus is revised.
The faculty gain the knowledge and expertise to be transformed to well equipped resource person in various areas so that they are quite able to handle technical sessions in TIST as well as other reputed institution all over Kerala. The faculty is constantly encouraged to make yearly Research Publications towards their self development which brings esteem to the department as well.
Department of Information Technology – Highlights
- Securing the highest academic results in CUSAT, including University first ranks, multiple times.
- Generating the highest number of young IT entrepreneurs, representing the College, in the Startup village, contributing positively to the goodwill of TIST.
- Engaging empowerment programmes on computer education, promoting to the overall development of the society.
- MoU signed with VSB Technical university of Ostrawa, Czech Republic, for Academic and Research Collaboration.
- Live projects undertaken by IT students in association with BSNL.
- Brought glory to the College by having the proceedings of the International Conference published in the internationally acclaimed publisher ‘Springer’.
- MoU signed with ICTAK for familiarizing the latest technology trends right from the industry experts, facilitating ideal placements.