Workshops & Seminars
Academic Year 2017 – 18
Faculty Development Program
Department of IT in association with ISTE TIST Chapter conducted a 5 day Faculty Development Programme on “Advanced Web Technologies” on 12th to 16th June 2017. During this 5 day workshop, eminent masters in their respective domain handled the FDP sessions fruitfully: Mr.Pankaj Kumar G, FISAT (HTML/ BootStrap 4, Flask, JS, CSS , (Hands on)),Mr. Sherfin S (JS, Node JS (Hands on)),Ms. Ruchi Singh,TCS(Angular JS ), Asst. Prof. Ajeesh G Krishnan(WordPress).
Academic Year 2016-17
Faculty Development Program
Department of IT in association with ISTE TIST Chapter conducted a 5 day Faculty Development Programme on “on Internet of Things & High Performance Computing” on 20rd to 24th June 2016 which was inaugurated by Mr. Shahim Baker, Founder & CEO, Baker & Grey – ICT Solutions, Kaloor, Kochi. During this 5 day workshop, eminent masters in their respective domain handled the FDP sessions fruitfully: Mr. Shahim Baker,IEEE Kochi (IOT – Overview), Dr. G Santhosh Kumar ,CUSAT (IOT –Research Scope), Mr.Pankaj Kumar G, FISAT (High Performance Computing in Practice (Hands on)), Binu A ,RSET (IOT in practice (Hands on)), Ramesh Babu Raman,GEC, Idukki(IoT & Software Defined Networking), Shiju Sathyadevan,Amrita CyberSecurity Center (An End to End Secure Scalable Interoperable IoT Platform)Faculty Development Programs attended outside the department
- Asst. Prof. Ajeesh G Krishnan of IT department attended a Five day Faculty Development Program on” Secure Cloud Computing” from 13th June to 17th June 2016 Organized by Computer Science & Engineering Department in association with CSI.
- Asst. Prof. Hima Vijayan attended a one day workshop on “Discrete Mathematical Structures “by Dr.P.B.Vinod Kumar (Professor, Department of Mathematics, Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology) on 26th July 2016 at Ilahia College of Engineering and Technology by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering in association with CSI Cochin Chapter.
- Asst. Prof. Smitha Mohan attended a 5 days training programme on “Essential Mathematics for Engineering “at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology from 29th November to 3rd December 2016 organized by KTU.
- N. Viswanath, Dr. Rasmi P S, Mr. Kurien Thampi, Asst. Prof. Hima Vijayan, Asst. Prof. Neomi Nelin Nicholas, Asst. Prof. Smitha Mohan, Asst. Prof. Ajaykumar M V of IT Department attended a three day faculty development programme on “FDP on Data Analytics using R “ from 13th to 15th Dec 2016 Organized by Computer Science & Engineering Department in association with ICTAK.
Students Seminars and Training Program
- Department organized a one week “Workshop on .Net “ to S5 IT students in association to their S5 Mini Project by Rini T Paul, Neomi Nelin Nicholas , Santhi N M & Benila Anoop of IT department.
Wokshops conducted by Students
- Cristie J Purackal & Jeffin Francis of S7 IT students conducted a 3 day “Workshop on Android” to S7 IT students in association to their S7 Mini Project.
- Jeffin Francis and Clint Josy of S7 IT conducted “Workshop on HTML” to S1 IT students in association to their Micro Project.