Association & Activities
The EEE association BLITZ had its inception in the year 2005. The department association activities enable the students to develop their organizational capabilities and team work apart from the various technical talks and workshops. The students are actively involved in all the various areas, starting from designing the brochure, organizing the competitions to planning the valedictory function.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2018 – 19
A three day FDP on “Distributed Generation and Smart Grid “ was organized by EEE department on 4th, 5th & 6th July 2018
A workshop on “Electrical Maintenance” was organised by EEE department on 17th, 18th and 19th July 2018
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017 – 18
- The National Level Tech-Fest of the EEE department, Vidhyuth 2k18 was conducted in association with KSEB and KEL on 30th and 31st January 2018.
- The two-day event, was inaugurated by C. Jayaraman, Ex. Senior Manager BPCL Ltd and immediate past general Secretary of Society for Energy Engineers and Managers (SEEM).
- Mr. Jayaraman delivered a technical talk on “Electrical Energy Conservation and Technology”.
- An exhibition ELE – EXPO, focusing on power generation, transmission and distribution as well as on transformer construction, was organized in association with KSEB and KEL.
- On the second day, a series of events were held, titled: Circuit Debugging, Word Rush, 3’s Football, Face hunt, Photography, Auto – Expo and Mini Militia Tournament.
- 45 students of S8 EEE under the co-ordination of Asst. Prof Liju Raj and Asst. Prof Jaison John visited the exhibition “ELEX 2017”(Electrical and Allied Engineering EXPO) , initiated by KEL, a Govt. of Kerala organisation, held at the CIAL Trade Fair and Exhibition Center , Nedumbassery.
- ELEX was one of the biggest electrical engineering expos with participants from public and private sector companies across the nation including, Electrical Power Transmission and Distribution sectors, LED Light Manufactures, Manufacturers of Machinery, Heavy Steel Structural sectors etc.
- On 6th January 2018, students of S8 (2014 Admission), S6 (2015 Admission) and S4 (2016 Admission) EEE along with six faculty members made an industrial visit to CIAL (Cochin International Airport limited), the World’s first airport fully powered by Solar Energy.
- The activities of EEE Association, BLITZ for the year academic year 2017 -2018 was officially inaugurated on 6th October 2017 by N.N. Shaji, Chief Engineer, Transmission System Operation, LDC Kalamassery.
- The toppers of the EEE 2013 -2014 batch , Winil C. W.(8.71 CGPA ) and Vishnu (8.45 CGPA) was honoured in this occasion.
- The BLITZ newsletter “IMPETUS – An Impulse to Innovation” was released by the Chief guest Sri. N.N. Shaji, followed by the Logo Launch of the National Level Techfest of the department – Vidhyuth 2k18
- A talk on “Power Transformer – Construction, Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance was given by the Chief Guest Mr. N. N. Shaji , (Chief Engineer Transmission System Operation, Load Dispatch Centre, Kalamassery.)
- The talk focused on the practical aspects of construction testing, commissioning and maintenance of transformer. General issues arising and possible remedial measures.