Workshops & Seminars
Faculty Development Programme
A workshop on “Electrical Maintenance” was organised by EEE department on 17th, 18th and 19th July 2018
- A three day FDP on “Distributed Generation and Smart Grid “ was organized by EEE department on 4th, 5th & 6th July 2018.
- Anand S. R, Deputy Chief Engineer, SLDC Kerala, KSEB inaugurated the program. The inaugural function was presided over by Dr. Alex Mathew, President, Toc H Public School Society.
- Dr. Preethi Thekkath, Principal, TocH Institute of Science & Technology, Dr. R. Ravindran Nair, Dean, Academic & Student Affairs and Mr. C. S. Varghese, Secretary, Toc H Public School Society felicitated the gathering. Participants from around six Engineering Colleges under KTU attended the program.
- The FDP gave the faculty a grasp of the various advantages and challenges in the area of distributed generation and smart grid
- On 4th July 2018, Anand S. R, Deputy Chief Engineer, SLDC Kerala gave a technical talk on “Smart Grid Initiative in KSEB” and Dr. Kumaravel S. gave a technical talk on “Issues in the integration of distributed generation to grid”.
- On 5th July 2018, a session on “Application of WAMS in micro grid” was handled by Dr. Prince A., Assoc. Professor, RIT Kottayam. Also Mr. Brijesh P. Principal Engineer, Power Electronics Group, CDAC gave a technical talk on “Introduction to micro grid, challenges and disadvantages”.
- On 6th July Ms. Asa John , Asst. Technical Consultant, Cloud Services at TCS gave a talk on “Introduction to Cloud Computing” and Mr. Paulose K. V. , Retd. Asst. Executive Engineer, KSEB gave a technical talk on “Design of Grid tie Solar Power Plant”
Faculty Development Programme
- Asst. Prof. Anjumol C. S. and Asst. Prof. Annai Raina T. A. attended a two day FDP on Power System and Control Engineering organized by SCMS School of Engineering & Technology on 2nd & 3rd May 2018
- Asst. Prof. Divya S. and Hridhya M. George attended a five day FDP on “ Emerging trends in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology organized by Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady during 17th to 21st April 2018
- Three M. Tech students (2017 Admission) along with Asst. Prof. Mangala Devi K. T. (EEE Dept.) attended a Faculty Development programme on “ IoT in Smart Grid” organized by the department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering from 11th to 13th January 2018 at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Asst. Prof. Archana Manuel attended a Faculty Development programme on “Induction Training Programme for Young Teachers” from 19th – 21st December 2017.
- Conducted a three day faculty development programme on “ IOT and its Applications in Electrical Domain “ organised by Pantech ProEd Pvt Ltd in association with EEE Department on 19th , 20th and 21st July Session was open to B.Tech students on Day 2 and Day 3.
- A free hands-on workshop on “PCB Designing” was conducted by Livewire, Muvattupuzhafor the EEE 2015 Admission (S5) students on 12th October 2017.
- Workshop enabled the students to design PCB using the software Oracle VM Virtual Box.
- A technical talk on “Electrical Energy Conservation and Technology” was delivered by Mr. Jayaraman Ex. Senior Manager BPCL Ltd and immediate past general Secretary of Society for Energy Engineers and Managers (SEEM), on 30th January 2018.
- Technical talk on “ Grid tied Solar Inverters“ was conducted by Paulose Sir (Dept. of EEE, TIST), on July 2017.
- Technical talk on “An Exposure to Startup” was conducted by JuhaimIbunu Abdul Jabbar (2010 -2014 Batch) alumini EEE department and Founder CEO (Ridelogic .Co , Bengaluru) on 21st August 2017 for S5 and S7 students.
- A talk on “Power Transformer – Construction, Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance was given by Mr. N. N. Shaji , Chief Engineer ( Transmission System Operation, Load Dispatch Centre, Kalamassery.