AICTE – UBA
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
To involve the reputed higher educational institutions (technical / non-technical / public / private ) of the country in the process of indigenous development of self-sufficient and sustainable village clusters.
TIST UBA Team, includes Principal, HoDs, Staff members and students of TIST visiting nearby villages and conversing their issues and possible revolutions with Panchayath members. First stop was at Edakkauvayal followed by Vadavucode – Puthencruz, and Chottanikkara Grama Panchayath.
Edakkattuvayal Grama Panchayath-17/01/2019
Vadavucode Puthencruz Grama Panchayath-18/01/2019
Chottanikkara Grama Panchayath-22/01/2019
Regional Workshop on Planning of UBA activities in Village Clusters Organizing Institute: Kerala Agricultural University
The regional workshop for planning the activities in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan village clusters was held on 30th July 2018 at Karshaka Bhavanam of the Central Training Institute, Kerala Agricultural University at Mannuthy, Thrissur. Dr. R Chandrababu, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Kerala Agricultural University inaugurated the workshop. Representatives of the UBA, faculty from the National Coordinating Agency and AICTE also participated in the programme. Asst. Prof. Kurien Thampy from TIST attended the same.
UBA Program at Delhi
Asst. Prof. Kurien Thampy has attended the launching function of UBA 2.0 at Delhi AICTE campus.
The Department of Information Technology is helping Thuruthikkara – Ward 10 of Mulanthuruthy Grama Panchayath to fulfil their vision of becoming a “Digital Village”. On 10th March 2018, the committed faculty of the IT Department, TIST took up the noble responsibility to enlighten and uplift the village into a broader Digital world and its possibilities. The mission is to enable house wives and youngsters to be a part of e-governance and make them aware of all possible uses of the internet and various IT based services in their day to day life, making life easier and happier. The village is now on its way to being equipped with :
- Basic computer skills, Email, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc.,
- Knowledge to use effectively Work processing software,
- How to pay the Electricity bill, Water bill, Phone bill,
- Online booking of cooking gas and online payment,
- Online LIC payment,
- Online shopping and Mobile Banking
- Net Banking system to Transfer money between accounts and Check the bank statement regularly,
- Different Mobile apps for money transfer like BHIM app, PayTM, Tez, etc.,
- How to reserve seats of Indian Railways and KSRTC,
- How to Track Your Children’s Progress through Child education apps,
- How to avail government services through e-governance like, How to apply for the different kinds of certificates and documents from the Village Office etc.,
- Akshaya Services like E-Literacy, E-Payment, E-Filing, E-Ticketing, E-Krishi, Ente Gramam, E-Vidya, PSC applications, e-Passport, e- Court, etc
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
It’s a rural development program broadly focusing upon the development in the villages which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community. The program was launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayanan, on 11 October 2014. The distinct feature of this Yojana is that it is (a) demand driven (b) inspired by society (c) based on people’s participation.