Association & Activities
TIST Management Association (TMA) was inaugurated by Mr. Kochouseph Chittilapilly, Chairman, V-Guard Industries on 24th September 2010. TMA was formed with the focus of creating innovative and enterprising managers for the future.
Activities for the year 2018-19
Kerala is in the aftermath of an unprecedent flood havoc. MBA students joint together in the rebuilding process by repairing and modifying the Aluva bathing ghat and painting of houses near UC college and Chalakudy
Three –Day Orientation Training Program
The orientation program for MBA batch 2018-2020 was conducted from 10th July 2018 to 13th July 2018. Mr. Sooraj Abraham, founder director Plan@Earth, dealt with the ice breaking session, during the training he briefed about the importance of professional transformation of students into industry-ready professionals, Ms. Meera Menon, Trainer and image consultant spoke to the students about importance of etiquette and grooming and Mr. Manoj M. freelance life skills coach and trainer, addressed the students, his major emphasis was on why MBA and how it would help to achieve their aspirations. Mr. Anoop Narayanan, CEO – ISQ took a session on the art of storytelling.
The training program comprised of several group interactions as well as management games, classroom lectures, and participatory discussion sessions. Dr. Alex Mathew, President, Toc H Public School Society, also interacted with the new students. He spoke on the importance of how students need to keep a keen focus on their goals and persevere towards achieving them. The aim of the program was to give the students an opportunity to overcome their inhibitions and develop their team skills as well as leadership skills.
Alumni Interactions 2018
The department organized alumni interactions with our new students who briefed them about the life at TIST as well as their experiences at their first job in the industry .Mr. Gopi, Manager – Reliance Trends, Mr. Juble, Entrepreneur and Civil Service Aspirant, Ms. Anushree Nath, HR manager, White rabbit, Ms. Shobitha, Counsellor, Santa Monica were among the alumni who were present at these interactions.
Training for the MBA Batch 2017-19
Training for the MBA Batch 2017-19 was organized on the 6th July, 9th July, 10th July, 21st July 2018. Mr. Nithin Chandran, CEO – Excelsior gave one-day aptitude training to the T4 students, Mr.Sooraj Abraham, CEO Plan at Earth, trained students on GD and interview skills. Mrs. Meera Menon, the Image Consultant, dealt with Professional Grooming. Mr. Aravind Warrier, Senior Manager – Rapid Value conducted mock interviews for the students.
The students also attended a program organized by KMA, on the 17th of July, titled the 8th M.K.K Nair memorial lecture by Mr. M.S.Madhavan and Mr.V.N. Venugopal. The program was organized in memory of a great legend M.K.K Nair, a renowned administrator, and well known cultural activist.
Inauguration of 11th Batch of MBA
The TIST inauguration ceremony for the 11th batch of MBA was held on 31st of July 2018. The chief guest on this occasion was Dr. Sanal S. K., Managing Director of Kerala State Marketing Federation Ltd, while also present on this occasion were our president Dr. Alex Mathew, founder director, and Manager Dr. K. Varghese, Secretary Mr. K. A. Simon, Treasurer M.X. Paul Vincent, Prof. Dr. P. J. Joseph and Principal Prof. (Dr.) Preethi Thekkath.
Grand Onam Trade Fair
The 10th edition of grand MBA Onam trade fair was hosted by the Department of Management Studies from 6th of August to 14th of August 2018. The fair was inaugurated on 6th August by Mr. Anand Kumar, Area Manager of ITC and Mr. N. P. Paulose, vice chairman of Marketing Fed. While, the inauguration ceremony was presided by our president Dr. Alex Mathew, also present on the occasion were, Secretary Mr. K. A. Simon, Treasurer M.X. Paul Vincent and other members of the board, principal Prof. Dr. Preethy Thekkath and HOD Prof. Dr. Hareesh N. Ramanathan. The grand MBA Onam Trade Fair- a flagship event, like every year was entirely organized and run by the students of MBA Department.
The fair comprised of 11 stalls to cater to the onam needs of staff and students of TIST. The stall included thattukada- specializing in traditional Kerala cuisine, north Indian Dhaba serving panipuris, bhelpuri etc juice stall serving all kind of fresh juices, smoothies and cocktails, the bakery for cakes and savories, The fair also showcased products from ITC and KITEX ,Khadi store presented the handloom dress material and Ready-made textiles included menswear, mundu, towels, bedsheet etc, the fashion footwear store brought with them a collection of sandals, shoes, and chappals at affordable prices, bags and mats were a special attraction at the fair. As every year the fair had a dedicated stall for books
Activities for the year 2017-18
- Police Station Visit on the 19th July 2017. The MBA students of T1 batch visited Tripunithura Janmythri police station to gather knowledge about the working of a police station, the technology used and the crime scenario in Kerala.
- Visit to Big Bazaar The students were able to analyze the science of store layouts and its importance in attracting customers.
- Supporting ‘Rally for Rivers’ campaign The students took part in a seminar to support the ‘Rally for Rivers’campaign launched by Isha foundation to tackle the scarcity of water across rivers in India. This campaign was launched by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. It was aimed to create awareness on protecting rivers.
- Grand MBA Onam Trade Fair The 9th edition of the fairwas inaugurated on 21st August by Mr. K C Pillai, GM, Kitex Ltd. There were 13 stalls to cater to the Onam needs of staff and students which included, Thattukada, North Indian Dhaba, Juice stall, Bakery, Khadi textiles, menswear, fashion footwear store and recycled bags, ladies stall, vegetable shop, Kitexproducts, ITC products and the book stall.
- De’Novo Curtain raiser On the occasion of World Dental Health Day, the curtain raiser forDe’Novo 2k18 was launched.The programme conducted in association with Indian Dental Association, was inaugurated by members of IDA, Dr. Civy V Pulayath, Dr. Kunal Vishwam, Dr. Kavitha, Dr. Joby Palapuram and Dr. Sabu K. R. The doctors educated students and staff on the dental hygiene.
- De’Novo 2k18 The most prestigious event of the MBA department-De’Novo 2k18, the international management fest was held on 9th of March 2018 and had a total participation of 156 participants from over 22 colleges across the state and a student delegation of 14 participants from University of Kelaniya, SriLanka. The event was inaugurated by Prof. Dr.Chamaru De Alwis, Professor / Director Career Guidance center, University of Kelaniya. The overall championship was bagged by students from University of Kelaniya.
- Convocation ceremony and Alumni Meet Convocation Ceremony of the 8th batch of MBA (2015-17) and alumini meet was conducted on the 9th March 2018. More than 70 alumini were part of the evening function. The events were followed by a gala cultural night and dinner.
Activities for the year 2016-17
- ONAM TRADE FAIR was conducted from 29th August 2016 to 7th September 2016.The event was inaugurated by Mr. I Jawahar –Director, Khadi Gramodyog Kerala, in the presence of our President (Dr.) P J Joseph , Directors, Principal and other staff and students.
- DE’NOVO PROMOTION (16-02-2017): “GO GREEN CAMPAIGN” – The students of TIST MBA conducted cleaning campaign “GO GREEN CAMPAIGN” at Marine drive, Kochi as part of their promotional activity of De’novo 2K17.
- DENOVO 2K17 : The Management Fest was organized this year on the 18th of Feb. 2017 and had a total participation of 168 participants from 17 colleges across the state and a 30 member delegation from University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR : Conducted an international seminar in association with the University of Kelaniya, Srilanka on the theme ”Management of Socio Economic Paradigm in the Developing Economies- A South Asian Perspective”. The Program was inaugurated by Prof. Dr. Sanjay Prashar, IIM Raipur. Our speakers were Prof. Dr. Sanjay Prashar and Mr. Madhavan Mohan V.K. The programme was followed by a cultural event in connection with the international exchange program at Hotel Hill palace Tripunithura.
Activities for the year 2015-16
- Onam Trade Fair : The grand Onam trade fair was conducted by the department in the college campus from 10th September to 19th September 2015. All students played an active role in making the event a big success. The Fair was inaugurated by Mr. Manoj M. (Area Sales Head, Reckitt Benckiser).
- De’novo Curtain Raiser at Centre Square Mall : The students participated in a flash mob organized by the department at Central Square Mall, Kochi, as part of the DE’ NOVO 2k15 on the 10th October 2015.
- DE’NOVO 2K15 : The most prestigious event of the department, DENOVO-2K15 was held on 16th and 17th of October 2015. The main sponsors were ghorath.com (online shopping portal). More than 250 students participated in the event from different colleges in Kerala.
Activities for the year 2014-15
- The Grand Onam Trade Fair was conducted in the college campus from 25th August to 3rd September 2014. It was inaugurated by Er. C. S. Varghese, President, Toc H Public School Society. Two weeks-long trade fair celebrates the essence of the festival season consisting of book stalls, organic shop, vegetable stall, bakery, textile and the thattukada.
- A flash mob was organized on the 2nd November 2014 by the students of MBA at Central Square & Lulu International Shopping Mall as a curtain raiser for Denovo 2014
- De’novo 2014 was inaugurated on 9th October 2014 by Mr. Deepak L Aswani, Managing Partner of Lachmandas & Sons. The two day event, witnessed participation of 406 students from 25 colleges. The overall championship was shared between DCSMAT, Vagamon and AMITY University, Kochi.