The Social Outreach Programme is an ongoing activity undertaken by the Department. It consists of providing awareness classes and psychological counseling to students of Higher secondary schools. Sessions on Topics related to adolescent issues, drug/alcohol abuse, study skills , how to face examinations, stress, anxiety ,interpersonal relationships and Career guidance are handled. The sessions are handled by Ms. Reena Madhu and Mr. Fabil Varghese followed by personal and career counseling
- Al Ameen school , Chandiroor – 20/11/17
- Johns JHSS school, Kanniattunirapu – 23/11/17
- SN school, Mamala, 28/11/17 (session for Parents )
- Government Higher Secondary school , Vennala 1/12/17
- Government Higher secondary school , Elamkkara , 5/12/17 St Philomenas school , Elanji 6/12/17 St Philomenas school, Elanji 7/12/17 (session for parents)
Social Outreach Programmes 2017-18
The Department of Applied Psychology and Counselling, associated itself with the Department of Communicative English of St Teresa ‘s College , Ernakulam in conducting the National Level Public Relations Campaign “Stain the Stigma” , 2017-18 , an awareness campaign on Mensuration Hygiene.
Asst Prof Reena Madhu and Fabil Varghese receiving the memento from Mr. Prashant Nair, IAS, Former Deputy Collector of Kozhikode and private secretary to the Minister of State for Tourism ,KJ Alphons.