About the Department
Information Technology is a blend of Computer Science, Communication Engineering and Information Science and Management. The modern economic growth has been ignited by a rapid and persistent upgrading of technology and scientific knowledge, which has made IT a desirable factor of business survival and growth. The Department of Information Technology at TIST was established in the year 2002, with the objective to achieve academic excellence in Information Security and Management through innovations in teaching and faith in human values, to enable our students to develop into outstanding professionals by providing an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, team spirit and entrepreneurial leadership. The Department has experienced and dedicated faculty members specialized in areas of Data security, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Data Mining, etc.
The Department has full-fledged and well equipped laboratories with high performance computers inter-connected with high speed LAN having 49 Mbps Internet connectivity. The computer labs are uptodate and functioning with solar energy. To enhance the learning process, the students are given micro and minor projects (RDBMS, Multimedia, Web based, etc.) and a multidisciplinary major project during the entire eight semesters of B.Tech IT program. The Department has an academic Advisory Committee comprising of external academic and industry experts to help it accomplish its vision and mission and build it as a center of excellence and upgrade with latest technologies for the benefit of the students.
Our Department maintains MoU signed with VSB Technical university of Ostrawa, Czech Republic, for Academic and Research Collaboration and also with ICTAK for familiarizing the latest technology trends right from the industry experts, facilitating ideal placement opportunities. Knowledge and skills of staff are regularly updated through well planned and executed FDPs. Workshops are conducted by subject experts to provide exposure for teaching faculty on newly introduced subjects whenever the syllabus is revised.
Thereby the faculty derives the knowledge and expertise to be transformed into well equipped resource persons in various areas so that they become well-versed in handling technical sessions in TIST. The faculty is constantly encouraged to make yearly Research Publications towards their self development which brings esteem to the Department and elevates its caliber as well.
Department of Information Technology – Highlights
- Securing the highest academic results in CUSAT, including University first ranks, multiple times.
- Generating the highest number of young IT entrepreneurs, representing the College, in the Startup village, contributing positively to the goodwill of TIST.
- Engaging empowerment programs on computer education, promoting to the overall development of the society.
- MoU signed with VSB Technical university of Ostrawa, Czech Republic, for Academic and Research Collaboration.
- Live projects undertaken by IT students in association with BSNL.
- Brought glory to the College by having the proceedings of the International Conference published in the internationally acclaimed publisher ‘Springer’.
|B.Tech. - Information Technology||30||4 Years|