Workshops & Seminars
Faculty Development Programme
- Conducted a three day faculty development programme on “ IOT and its Applications in Electrical Domain “ organised by Pantech ProEd Pvt Ltd in association with EEE Department on 19th , 20th and 21st Session was open to B.Tech students on Day 2 and Day 3.
- Tech final year students attended a two-day workshop on” Deregulation In Indian Scenario” orgnaized by College of Engineering, Kidangoor on 1st and 2nd of March 2017.
- Talk on “Solar power for commercial on-grid and off-grid applications” by Prof. Chem Nayar, Emeritus Professor, Curtin University, Australia on 8th March, 2017.
- A Career Guidance class was conducted on 20th February 2017 for S8 EEE & M.Tech (Power Electronics) students by Mr. Krishnaswamy [KONFIDENCE GROUP].
- A class on MEP and Electrical CAD was conducted for EEE B.TECH S6 & S8 students as effort to bridge the gap between industry & institute, on 2nd March 2017.
- M.Tech S4 student attended a three-day seminar on” FPGA based Induction Motor Control” orgnaized by Saint Gits College of Engineering, Kottayam from 30th Jan-1st February 2017.
- Short term course on “Recent Trends in power system protection, control and substation equipments” was conducted by Mr. Laiju P. Managing Partner and Technical Lead, Ease Consultants, Trivandrum from 30th June – 1st July, 2016.
- Seminar on ““Introduction to Digital Signal Processing” was conducted by Dr. M.V. Rajesh, Principal, Illahia School of Science and Technology, Muvattupuzha on 28th January, 2016.
- Seminar on “Simulation of Shunt Active Filters with MATLAB” was conducted by Prof. Preethi Thekkath, Principal on 2nd May 2016.
- 2 day -National Level Technical Symposium, ‘Aurora 2k16’ was conducted in association with IEEE, ISTE & Polycab. Events included Roborush, Word rush, Poster Making Competition, Elexpo – Electrical Projects Competition, Treasure Hunt, Electrical Engineering Exhibition etc. from 22nd -23rd September 2016.
- Seminar on “Implementation of Drives using MATLAB Tools” was conducted by Dr. B. Jayanand, Professor, Govt. Engg. College, Trichur on 5th March 2016.
- Students of the M.TECH 2015-17 Batch attended a Workshop on “Power Quality” at NIT Calicut.
- 2-days workshop on “Multisim” was conducted by Mr. Rajasekharan, Application Engineer, National Instruments from 3rd-4th February,2016.
- 2 day workshop on “Arduino software” was conducted by Dept. of CSE from 11th-12th February, 2016.
- Seminar on “Simulation of Shunt Active Filters with MATLAB” was conducted by Prof. Dr. Preethi Thekkath, Principal for 2nd May 2016.
Workshop / Short-term training Programme / FDP attended by Faculty
- Sindhura Rose Thomas & Ms. Renu Jose , Assistant Professors, attended the two-days Intensive International Workshop entitled “Solar Photovoltaic Power Systems for Residential, Commercial and Off-grid Applications” from July 22-23, 2015.
- Mangala Devi K. T., Assistant Professor, attended a two-day workshop on” Outcome based Accreditation (New NBA 2015 Format Tier II) for Undergraduate Engineering Programme ORGNAIZED BY College of Engineering, Munnar on 9th and 10th of June 2016.
- Preethi Thekkath , HOD, EEE and Ms. Mangala Devi K. T, Assistant Professsor, attended a Tutorial Programme on “ Smart Grid and Power Quality” during M,arch 3-4, 2016.
- Mangala Devi K. T., Assistant Professor, attended a two-day workshop on” Deregulation In Indian Scenario” orgnaized by College of Engineering, Kidangoor on 1st and 2nd of March 2017.
Faculty Development Programmes
- Three days FDP on “Emerging trends in Power System Equipment, Protection, Control, Substation Automation” by P. Laiju, Manager & Technical Lead, Ease Consultants was conducted from 30th June 2016 to 2nd July 2016.
- FDP for EEE faculty at Cochin International Airport Ltd. was conducted on 24th June 2016.
- A two-day FDP was conducted on 20th and 21st January 2017.
- FDP on “New Trends in Power System”, by N.N. Shaji, Chief Engineer, Transmission System Operation, LDC Kalamassery on 20th January 2017.
- The talk covered topics like Power sector set-up in India, Open Access IEGC, Scheduling, Real-time operation of Kerala Power System, Power Market, Load forecasting for next 10 years, transmission projects of Kerala, Kerala Power System 2025.
- Industrial Visit to KEL, Mamala by 12 EEE faculties and M.Tech students on 21st January 2017. The visit gave an insight into construction and manufacturing of transformers.